Please take note: We do NOT rent sight unseen and application fees are non-refundable. You must also deliver your $35 application fee/per-applicant for whomever is over 18 years of age.
COVID-19 COMPANY UPDATE
To maintain the health and safety of not only our employees, but also our tenants and prospective tenants we will be operating during our normal business hours remotely. All contact information, including phone numbers, is remaining the same. There are going to be the following temporary changes to how we handle inquiries and showings:
- If you see a property that you are interested in please still call us at 207-221-7533. An agent will be on-call to answer any questions you have regarding the property.
- There will be video tours of the VACANT units that are available for rent by the beginning of next week. These videos, a blueprint/layout, and any additional information will be available by request. Our agents will be taking emails of prospective tenants and emailing the supplementary materials.
- The video tours for the units with tenants in them will be available within the next few weeks after the state-wide shelter-in-place is lifted as we can’t currently go into an occupied unit.
- If the unit is something you are seriously interested in you can still apply before or after seeing the video tour. The application is available below. Please note the non-refundable $35 fee for the credit and background check still applies.
- In person showings will be scheduled for APPROVED applicants ONLY.
IMPORTANT: In order for your application to be complete, you MUST submit ID’s and proof of income for each applicant. Until we get these additional documents, your application cannot be processed.
- Email the completed application (with ID’s and proof of income) to email@example.com
- Mail the completed application to:
Schneider Property Management
ATTN: Housing Application Dept.
522 Washington Avenue
Portland, Maine 04103
Yes, all tenants must provide SPM with proof of renter’s insurance 48 hours prior to move-in confirming a minimum of one hundred thousand dollars ($100,000.00) in liability coverage. The landlord shall also be named as an additional interest of the policy. Tenants are free to use the insurance company of their choice. We suggest “shopping around” for prices or looking into bundling with an existing insurance policy such as your car insurance for the best rate.
Your rent is due on the first day of each month, unless specified otherwise on your lease. If you think that your rent will be late please contact our bookkeeper, at (207) 221-7533. Please note that the day of the month you moved in does NOT affect rent being due on the 1st of the month.
Cash will not be accepted as payment effective March 1, 2012. Also, please be advised that we only accept one payment for the entirety of your rent unless otherwise approved by our office. Your rent can be paid in the form of a check, cashier’s check, money order, or through our online payment portal. Most payments are to be made out to Schneider Property Management or SPM for short, unless otherwise instructed at the time of your lease signing – please be sure to mark your apartment address on the memo line to ensure proper credit. You may either mail your rent or drop it off at our office located at 522 Washington Ave., Portland, ME 04103. You may have also been instructed to mail payments to our P.O. Box address: P.O. Box 8316, Portland, ME 04104-8316.
If you think that your rent may be late please contact our bookkeeper, at (207) 221-7533 as additional fees may apply. If your rent is not paid by the 7th of the month, you may be served a 5-day notice to quit. If you are renting month-to-month and rent is not received by the 9th of the month, you may receive a 7-day notice to quit.
Moving can be overwhelming and it’s hard to keep track of everything. A moving checklist will help you reduce stress while moving into your new place. When viewing and applying for a rental, make sure to have frequently requested information on the ready – ie: ID’s, proof of income, landlord reference, pet/vet info, etc.
Yes, but they must be installed in a professional manner. If electricity is included in your rent, then you must call us at (207) 221-7533 for permission.
The person must complete and submit an application as well as pay the $35 application fee. Once the application has been processed and approved, you will be notified whether or not the person may move in with you and if any additional rent may be applied. Please note that the person may not move in with you until he/she has followed the appropriate procedure and all parties have signed the lease addendum adding the person(s) to the lease agreement.
In the event that your vehicle did not have a valid Parking Lot Patrol (Lewiston)/K&R Towing (Portland) Parking Permit properly displayed on your car, or you were parked in the incorrect spot, your vehicle may be towed at your expense. Our parking lots are monitored regularly, so in the event that your car has been towed, please look for the towing demographics located at the property to find contact information and to make arrangements to pick it up. We regularly use: Parking Lot Patrol @ (207) 212-4800 or K&R Towing @ (207) 310-0057. Any/all charges incurred will not be refunded – no exceptions will be made.
Please contact our showing agent at (207) 221-7533.
If you are responsible for paying any of the utilities in the premises then you must have them switched over into your name 48 hours prior to move-in.
If we have not already contacted you, please contact our office at (207) 221-7533 to discuss your lease renewal options.
If you are experiencing a maintenance problem, please submit a maintenance work order online or call the office at (207) 221-7533. If no one answers, please leave your name, address, telephone number and a detailed description of your problem. If your problem has not been resolved within 2 business days, please call us to request an update.
- – If you are experiencing an emergency problem, please contact the office immediately at (207) 221-7533. If you are calling after our regular office hours please call our emergency line at (207) 400-7229. If the emergency requires police or fire department resources, please call 911 immediately and once you have reached safety, you should contact the office.
- – For any issues regarding rent payments or any other tenant issues, please call the office at (207) 221-7533.
- – If your problem does not fit into the above categories and you are unsure who to direct your inquiry to, please call the office at (207) 221-7533.
If you are locked out during regular business hours, please call the office; we may be able to assist you by unlocking your door for a service charge of $75/hour (minimum 1 hour charged). If you are locked out after business hours, please call our emergency line at (207) 400-7229; we may be able to assist you by unlocking your door for a service charge of $100/hour. Be advised: all service charges for unlocking doors are billed as a cash on delivery service, no exceptions! If we don’t have a spare key(s), you will be instructed to call a locksmith and will incur a service charge by them which will not be refunded.
Between the dates of 9/15 – 5/15 all tenants are required to keep the heat at a minimum of 68°F. The heat shouldn’t be turned off for any reason during this time.
Between the dates of 9/15 – 5/15 windows must remain closed. If we see any windows open in these units, the first offense shall deem a warning. After that each offense will deem a fine of $25 (per offense). If you feel that your unit is too warm, please contact the office to prevent any issues.